COLLEGE RULES & REGULATIONS
Fazaia College of Education for Women, Lahore aims at providing quality education and inculcating sound moral and social values in the students. The institution is expected to provide opportunities for the students to pursue their studies in an atmosphere congenial to learning and conducive for their grooming to become responsible citizens. On the other hand, the students may have tendencies to deviate occasionally from their main objectives and transgress their disciplinary obligations. Rules and regulations pertaining to the discipline and conduct have, therefore, been framed to take remedial measures when necessary. Rules outlined below are, hence, to be used as guidelines to demand the requisite conduct and behavior and be notified to the students and their parents to make them aware of their obligations and responsibilities towards maintaining a disciplined environment in the institution.
RULES OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- Students should be neatly dressed in the prescribed school/college uniform.
- Students should pay particular attention to their personal hygiene.
- Students should keep the school/college environment clean.
- Students are to attend morning assembly regularly and comply with the instructions announced therein.
- Students should be regular and punctual in attending classes.
- Students are not to leave the college premises without the permission of the Principal.
- Students are to apply in advance for leave of absence. The application should be duly endorsed by the parents.
- Students are expected to be respectful, obedient and courteous towards the staff members, fellow students, visitors and the non-teaching staff of the institution.
- Students should avoid impolite and unseemly behavior and conduct themselves with grace and modesty within and outside the institution premises.
- Students must possess the required books, notebooks and stationery while attending classes.
- Cheating, stealing or telling lies will be viewed as a serious breach of good conduct and behavior.
- Use of unfair means in examinations will be considered as a serious violation of rules and would warrant disciplinary action.
- Students are not to carry any medicines/ drugs/intoxicants except the medicines prescribed by a doctor.
- Students are not to bring any outsider to the college.
- Students are to call their parents to college whenever asked to do so whether in writing or otherwise by the Principal.
- The canteen can only be visited during break time.
- Students are not to cross playing fields and lawns.
- Silence must be observed in library and laboratories.
- Students are not to visit laboratories except when scheduled to perform practical work or when specially permitted by a teacher.
- Agitating the students, persuading them to be absent from classes, causing disorder and creating indiscipline will be considered as a serious violation of rules.
- Students are not to participate in any political activity.
- Students should pay their college fees by the due date.
- Students are not to bring any valuable items, jewelry and large sums of money to the college.
- Writing letters to fellow students or receiving uncalled for mail at the institution will be deemed objectionable.
- Students are not to borrow/lend money or any personal belongings from one another.
- Exchange of gifts between students and giving gifts to any staff member is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to bring any extraneous material on the college premises.
- Students must look after their belongings. College is not responsible for any theft/loss. However, such losses must be immediately reported to the Principal.
- Collection of funds from fellow students for any cause whatsoever is not permitted.
- Violation of rules may result in the imposition of fine, temporary suspension or termination of the student, depending upon the severity of the offense.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS / GUARDIANS
Education of children is the joint responsibility of the parents/guardians and the college. A close liaison between the parents/guardians and the institution will go a long way in extending maximum educational benefits to the children. Following instructions have, therefore, been laid down specifically for the parents/guardians:-
- Parents/guardians should always stay in touch with the Principal/teachers so as to keep themselves abreast of the performance of their children/wards in academics and other activities.
- They are expected to see the Principal/teachers without delay whenever asked to do so.
- As far as possible they should attend parent/teacher meetings.
- They are required to cooperate with the institution in matters regarding discipline, uniform, attendance/punctuality and general behavior of their children/wards.
- They are to ensure that their children/wards fully abide by the college rules and regulations.
- They are to keep a check on the performance of their children/wards in all examinations.
- They are to abide by the policies and regulations of the college in respect of discipline, educational methods, promotions, and detentions.
- They are not to send their children/wards to college in case they are suffering from any contagious disease.
- They are to make complaints, if any, to the college Principal and not to argue or correspond with any staff member.
- They are not to visit classrooms and academic blocks during the school/college hours unless permitted to do so.
- They are to provide a congenial atmosphere to their children/wards at home for their studies and ensure that their children/wards do their homework regularly.
- They are to read and sign for having seen any notice, rules and regulations and written warnings sent or intimated to them by the institution.
- They are to ensure timely payment of college dues.
COLLEGE UNIFORM AND COLOR CODES
- The students of BBA (Hons), B.S.Ed (Hons), B.Ed (Hons), B.S Psy (Hons), BSCS (Hons), ADE, AD Psy and all intermediate classes will wear white shalwar / Qameez, Dopatta/ Sash of approved colour, white socks with black shoes in summer and black sweater/blazer in winter.
- The students of Fazaia College of Education are strictly directed to use the following color codes of uniform. Defaulter will get fined as per the rules of the college.
|Class||Uniform Code||Sash/ Dupatta|
|All Bachelor Classes||White Shalwar Qameez with Black Shoes|
|All Intermediate Classes||White Shalwar Qameez with Black Shoes|
|MMOT Classes||White Shalwar Qameez with Black Shoes|
USE FO UNFAIR MEANS IN EXAMINATIONS
Involvement of a student / member of staff in the use of unfair means in the examination is to be considered as cheating and dishonesty. All such cases are, therefore, to be dealt with the utmost severity.
PUNISHMENTS / PENALTIES FOR DEFAULTERS
Physical punishment, public humiliation, and maltreatment of children in the College are prohibited. In the first place, teachers should adopt a motivational approach for remedial action while handling cases of poor academic performance, indifference towards homework, unsatisfactory conduct and discipline. In no case, teachers should resort to corporal punishment. However, parents are to be taken into confidence as soon as considered necessary for a two-pronged action to deal with such cases. The cases of serious nature must be brought to the notice of the Chief Coordinator and, if necessary, written reports are to be raised by the Principal.